UT Arlington Faculty: Victoria Chen, Brian Huff, Jay Rosenberger
Collaborators: Dan Bergman, Seoung Bum Kim, Robert Horton
Ph.D. Students: Dachuan Shih (2006), Huiyuan Fan (2008), Prashant Tarun (2008), Bancha Ariyajunya, Nadia Martinez, Subrat Sahu (2011), Bancha Ariyajunya (2012), Aera LeBoulluec (2013), Zirun Zhang (2015), Khan Haque (2018)
Funding: Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport 2005-11
Topics: Data mining of USGS water quality data and deicing activities data, Large-scale approximate dynamic programming.
- Ariyajunya, B., P. K. Tarun, V. C. P. Chen, and S. B. Kim (2018). “Modeling the Impact of Airport Deicing/Anti-icing Activities on the Dissolved Oxygen Levels in the Receiving Waterways.” Journal of Water Management Modeling, C441. COSMOS Technical Report 15-5.
- Fan, H.-Y., P. K. Tarun, V. C. P. Chen, D. T. Shih, J. M. Rosenberger, S. B. Kim, R. Horton (2018). “Data-Driven Optimization for Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Deicing Activities.” Annals of Operations Research, Special Issue on Data Mining & Analytics, 263, pp. 361–384. COSMOS Technical Report 12-06.
- Jen, H.-C., B. L. Huff, A. K. LeBoulluec, K. M. A. Haque, J. M. Rosenberger, V. C. P. Chen, L. Zeng, and R. A. Horton (2016). “A Data-Driven Airport Deicing Activities Simulation Tool.” In Proceedings of the 2016 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Anaheim, CA, May.
- Fan, H.-Y., P. K. Tarun, D. T. Shih, S. B. Kim, V. C. P. Chen, J. M. Rosenberger, and D. Bergman (2011). “Data Mining Modeling on the Environmental Impact of Airport Deicing Activities.” Expert Systems with Applications, 38, pp. 14899–14906. COSMOS Technical Report 09-01.
- Kim, S. B., J. M. Rosenberger, V. C. P. Chen, H. Fan, D. T. Shih, and D. Bergman (2007). “Statistically Mining the Environmental Impact of Airport Deicing Activities.” In Proceedings of the 2007 IE Research Conference, Nashville, TN.